Max is a talented full stack developer with experience working all over the world alongside several large clients, and with a variety of technologies.
A natural leader, Max likes to make a difference to any team he is a part of, and loves to solve difficult problems, and is passionate about education, mentoring, and diversity within teams.
2013-2017 Redbox Digital; Developer, later Solutions Architect
Redbox Digital is an ecommerce agency specialising in Magento and Magento 2. During my time there, I have been responsible for the front end development of several Magento 1 and Magento 2 projects, an escalation point for urgent or more intricate issues, and involved in the training of new team members.
Most recently, I have been leading a team of four developers on a headless implementation of Magento 2, building REST APIs and integrations with other enterprise solutions, including Shipping partners, and a Salesforce CRM. This involved managing aspects of the relationship with the client, and spending time on site with them.
- Mathematics: Numerical Methods, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra
- Front-End: HTML, CSS3 (SASS, LESS, PostCSS), jQuery
- PHP: Laravel, Symfony, Magento 2
- Ecommerce: Implementing comprehensive tracking with GTM and enhanced ecommerce, optimising ecommerce sites based on data
- APIs: Consumption and Implementation of level 3 REST APIs, SOAP, and knowledge of HTTP
- Devops: Docker, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo), Linux Administration, AWS
- Mage Titans Manchester 2016: Present and Future of Front End Development in Magento 2, delivered November 2016
- MagentoLive UK 2016: Making the Move to Magento 2: Successful Use of The Data Migration Tool, delivered June 2016 (with Marcin Szterling)
- London Magento Meetup: Prototype is Dead; Long Live jQuery, delivered April 2016
- London Magento Meetup: Vagrant and Magento Sitting in a Tree, delivered September 2014 (Link to slides, no video)
- 2:1 BSc Mathematics, University of York