Max is a talented full stack developer with experience working all over the world alongside several large clients, and with a variety of technologies.
A natural leader, Max likes to make a difference to any team he is a part of, loves to solve difficult problems, and is passionate about education, mentoring, and diversity within teams.
2018–Present Magento Certification Advisory Board; Member
The Advisory Board helped establish the criteria necessary to demonstrate expertise in Magento implementations and participated in the development of certification exam questions.
Max's work with the advisory board involved week long workshops to create scenario based, qualitative questions to establish expertise with the Magento platform across multiple examinations.
2018–Present JH; Senior Developer, Pod Technical Lead
JH is an eCommerce digital agency, specialists in Magento. JH delivers sites for their B2B and B2C clients that reflect and propel the ever-progressing, exciting era of technology we're in.
As a senior developer, Max is a point of reference for issues within the development team, and is responsible for the maintenance of several clients, as well as overseeing the development of new builds. In addition to his core responsibilities, Max is a mentor to junior developers, and a driver of improving internal development processes.
As the technical lead for a client services pod, Max is the main technical liaison for clients both existing and new, including roadmaps and retainers, to scoping out new pieces of work.
2017–2018 Mind Candy; Web Development Lead
Mind Candy’s vision is to create worlds that fire the imagination. We imagine, build and breathe life into digital experiences that bring joy to the lives of families all over the world.
While at Mind Candy, Max was responsible for the web development team, and oversaw maintenance of several properties, including Moshi Monsters. Furthermore, he was responsible for the development and launch of Petlandia. Post launch, the site was rapidly iterated upon, and conversions over the holiday period doubled year on year.
2013–2017 Redbox Digital; Developer, later Solutions Architect
Redbox Digital is an ecommerce agency specialising and Magento Global Elite partner. During his time there, Max was responsible for the front end development of several ecommerce projects built on top of Magento 1 and Magento 2, served as an escalation point for urgent or more intricate issues, and was involved in the training of new team members.
In late 2016, Max was leading a team of four developers on a headless implementation of Magento 2, building REST APIs and integrations with other enterprise solutions, including shipping partners, and Salesforce. This involved managing the relationship with the client, including considerable time on site in The UAE. Over time, this project grew into an ecommerce ecosystem, with three websites currently live on this platform, and many more in the roadmap.
- Mathematics: Numerical Methods, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra
- PHP: Laravel, Symfony, Magento 2
- iOS: Swift, UiKit, Core Data
- Ecommerce: Implementing comprehensive tracking with GTM and enhanced ecommerce, optimising ecommerce sites based on data
- APIs: Consumption and Implementation of level 3 REST APIs, SOAP, and knowledge of HTTP
- Devops: Docker, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Circle), Linux Administration, AWS
- Nomad Mage: Laying REST to Rest? Consumer Centric APIs with GraphQL, delivered March 2018, an abbreviated version of this talk was given at the London Magento Meetup in February
- Mage Titans Manchester 2016: Present and Future of Front End Development in Magento 2, delivered November 2016
- MagentoLive UK 2016: Making the Move to Magento 2: Successful Use of The Data Migration Tool, delivered June 2016 (with Marcin Szterling)
- London Magento Meetup: Prototype is Dead; Long Live jQuery, delivered April 2016
- London Magento Meetup: Vagrant and Magento Sitting in a Tree, delivered September 2014 (Link to slides, no video)
- 2:1 BSc Mathematics, University of York