Max is a talented full stack developer with experience working all over the world alongside several large clients, and with a variety of technologies.
A natural leader, Max likes to make a difference to any team he is a part of, loves to solve difficult problems, and is passionate about education, mentoring, and diversity within teams.
2017–Present Mind Candy; Web Development Lead
2013–2017 Redbox Digital; Developer, later Solutions Architect
Redbox Digital is an ecommerce agency specialising in Magento and Magento 2. During his time there, Max was responsible for the front end development of several ecommerce projects built on top of Magento 1 and Magento 2, served as an escalation point for urgent or more intricate issues, and was involved in the training of new team members.
In late 2016, Max was leading a team of four developers on a headless implementation of Magento 2, building REST APIs and integrations with other enterprise solutions, including Shipping partners, and Salesforce. This involved managing the relationship with the client, including considerable time on site in The UAE. Over time, this project grew into an ecommerce ecosystem, with three websites currently live on this platform, and many more in the roadmap.
- Mathematics: Numerical Methods, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra
- Front-End: HTML, CSS3 (SASS, LESS, PostCSS), jQuery
- PHP: Laravel, Symfony, Magento 2
- Ecommerce: Implementing comprehensive tracking with GTM and enhanced ecommerce, optimising ecommerce sites based on data
- APIs: Consumption and Implementation of level 3 REST APIs, SOAP, and knowledge of HTTP
- Devops: Docker, CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo, Circle), Linux Administration, AWS
- Mage Titans Manchester 2016: Present and Future of Front End Development in Magento 2, delivered November 2016
- MagentoLive UK 2016: Making the Move to Magento 2: Successful Use of The Data Migration Tool, delivered June 2016 (with Marcin Szterling)
- London Magento Meetup: Prototype is Dead; Long Live jQuery, delivered April 2016
- London Magento Meetup: Vagrant and Magento Sitting in a Tree, delivered September 2014 (Link to slides, no video)
- 2:1 BSc Mathematics, University of York